Goodwill/Easter Seals is seeking an Carpentry Trainer for its Construction Training program designed to prepare individuals for employment in the trades. This position is responsible for hands-on training and safety of students performing the following scopes of work depending on the project: framing, siding, roofing and door and window installation. If you enjoy coaching and training in the carpentry field and helping people learn new skills for in-demand jobs, then this position is for you!
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to bring relevant industry experiences for student learning.
· Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Computer experience.
· Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds and across cultures.
· Documentation of work is involved.
· Planning, organizing, coordinating and time management skills.
· Ability to work independently and within a team.
· Adaptive and open to change, flexibility and multi-tasking.
· Residential construction experience
· Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record
· 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
· Associate’s degree in a related field/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.