This position is responsible for the safety, security, and asset protection of our St. Paul headquarters and adjacent outlet store. This position provides organizational support for the Goodwill-Easter Seals Asset Protection program to include policies, procedures, training materials, and measurable outcomes. This role is a robust position that includes daily duties such as protecting and safeguarding the organization’s assets and assisting with operational controls to exercising independent judgement and discretion during investigations, compliance audits, and data analysis. This position also serves as the first point of contact and ambassador for GESM guests as they enter and leave the campus. This position is critical in ensuring a positive GESM experience from beginning to end for each guest, participant and staff member.
Security & Safety
Prepares and reconciles asset protection, safety, and audit reports accurately to manage and track tends.
· Provides a safe and secure environment at the Goodwill-Easter Seals St. Paul Campus.
· Greets all persons entering or calling the office buildings and provides information to their inquiries and/or requests.
· Responds to emergency situations (i.e. issues of workplace violence, violent offenders, accidents, fires, medical emergencies, crimes in progress, alarm notifications, etc.)
· Assists with emergency procedures and may direct public safety officials.
· Ensures visitors have the proper credentials and have signed in according to policies and procedures.
· Enforces company policies relating to security, life/safety and conducts all persons on the company premises; executes life/safety procedures to protect the lives of associates in various emergency situations.
· Monitors/patrols the facilities/parking area and reports or takes action to correct any breach of the organizations safety/security policies.
· Appropriately handles situations that include unwanted parties, combative guests, participants, staff, and those who trespass.
· Confronts guests or team members calmly and respectfully using strong interviewing and interpersonal skills.
· Handles information with accuracy, security and confidentiality.
· Develops, formulates, affects, interprets, and implement management policies or operating practices as it relates to safety and security best practices.
· Maintains inspection reports and records and advises senior management of deficiencies and remedial efforts.
Assures the facilities are well-secured in all aspects, meets the standards set by OSHA, CARF, local and state government, and maintains/follows policies and procedures.
· Identifies potential facility concerns and addresses them in a timely and cost minimizing manner.
· Uses cameras and other surveillance equipment to investigate internal and external theft.
· Uses Outlook to document audit and work schedule.
· Conducts regularly scheduled site visits (every store once per month minimum) to review and train employees on asset protection/safety/audit procedures and processes.
· Ensures investigations/interviews are in compliance with guidelines.
· Reviews AP/LP policies and procedures and makes recommendations as needed.
· Ensures complete confidentiality of information and images involved with program/service participants, staff and/or other fiscal matters, including HIPAA requirements.
Promotes the highest quality of work and personal proficiencies while the building, physical assets and people are appropriately safeguarded indefinitely.
· Properly manages and administers ID’s and access cards to appropriate staff, participants, vendors and guests.
· Serves as liaison to all local, state and federal regulatory agencies if necessary.
· Oversees security alarm access codes and supports emergency key control measures.
· Responds to notifications of incidents/activities immediately.
· Issues and delivers trespass notices per procedure.
Training and Education
Promotes the highest quality of work and personal proficiencies through effective and innovative training.
· Assists in providing monthly safety & security training at Campus meetings.
· Serves as an organization representative in court and/or related administrative proceedings, testifying and/or providing statements as required.
· Ensures that employees are trained on an ongoing basis, and that they adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
· Models and oversees compliance with safety and security requirements. Promotes a strong safety culture and ensures a safe environment for the people we serve, team members and co-workers.
· Follows and communicates Loss Prevention and safety procedures and initiatives.
· Communicates asset protection/loss prevention related issues through bulletins, memo formats, etc.
· Communicates and enforces all asset protection and safety procedures to protect company’s assets and ensure the safety of employees, participants, volunteers and customers.
Problem Solving and Analysis
Produces quality results by applying effective and efficient best practices.
· Identifies specific causes and provides solutions for campus safety and security issues, as well as geographic crime activity issues.
· Investigates documents and recommends appropriate action in regards to incidents’ or concerns related to loss prevention and safety efforts.
· Reviews LPMS reports and exception reports for abnormalities and system recommendations.
· Identifies potential Security & Safety incidents and recommends or implements actions to correct or mitigate them.
· Analyzes trends from the LPMS system and audit results to consult and make recommendations to reduce risk.
· Uses independent judgment and discretion to drive continuous improvements as it pertains to investigations, compliance records, data analysis, and internal/external controls.
Other Duties as Assigned
Performs other additional responsibilities as needed by the organization.