Resolution of first level IT service requests over phone, through email and remote support.
- Triages all incoming reports of IT incidents and end-user service requests and creates tickets.
- Performs troubleshooting for most tickets and document actions.
- Resolves typical end user issues, such as: network connectivity, access to network drives, email clients, adding network printers, etc…
- Analyzes systems, techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software and system functional specifications.
- Designs, creates, tests and modifies computer systems or programs based on user or system design specifications.
- Provides exceptional customer service to end users, including frequent and timely follow-up communication for open tickets and detailed written explanations of issue resolutions.
- Manages personal ticket queue and ensures all actions are being performed with adherence to internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Understands and complies with formal security policies and established processes and procedures.
Requires rotating on-call responsibilities during off-peak hours for critical support functions.
Adheres to, contributes to, and supports the company vision and strategic plans for support of the business in partnership with business stakeholders and IT vendors.
- Recommends process improvements that support and enforce the organization’s strategic plans.
- Provides measurable input into new hardware or software purchases.
- Prioritizes investments in projects to support business goals and ensure organizational resources are being used effectively.
Other Duties as Assigned
· Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
· Thorough understanding of both Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office suite and other Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint and Office 365.
· Ability to support end user workstations and peripherals, including laptops, desktop computers, printers and mobile devices.
· Ability to resolve user connectivity issues, including both wired and wireless LAN connectivity as well as remote access (VPN).
· Understanding of TCP/IP networking as it applies to a Windows environment.
· Understanding of a variety of protocols including DHCP, DNS, SMB/NETBIOS, SMTP, RDP.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work on a team.
· Minimum two years of experience in a help desk support related role.
· Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience.
· Relevant Microsoft, CompTIA or Cisco certifications desired.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.